Capitalism and economic struggles

Vincent Penquerc'h Vincent.Penquerch at artworks.co.uk
Fri May 2 08:35:47 PDT 2003

> What part of "Don't impose your ideals on others" do you not
> understand?
>
> Yes, someone may chose to smoke at a time which is convenient
> for you, but
> why should you be able to dictate that to someone else?  Mind your own
> fucking business - even if it's just hypothetical.

I kind of agree, to a point, but then you (and others) do the same
with imposing your own ideals to others, don't you ? As long as people
interact, they'll have to impose stuff to others. I'm imposing my
ideals (in this case, forbidding to smoke to people who want to) ?
You do yours (annoying people who don't like smoke, because you want
to smoke). I don't usually annoy smokers when they do. If I'm annoyed
by it, I just move. Unless I can't, that is. But you just act as if
*your* ideals were *obviously* the right ones. I reject that idea.
They might, and they sure are popular here. But you do impose them
all the same.

--
Vincent Penquerc'h