Hippies Banning Smoke

Mike Rosing eresrch at eskimo.com
Fri May 2 10:54:22 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2 May 2003, jburnes wrote:

> But this is typical in the overly 'politically correct' society.  The
> one thing that
> really amazed me when I moved to Colorado is the number of middle aged
> hippie types that 30 years ago were blasting the establishment for
> controlling
> what they wanted to smoke have now *become* the establishment.   A
> professor
> friend of mine was smoking some Drum and shooting the bull with me in
> Pearl Street
> Mall (in Boulder).  Some new ager comes by and reprimands him for
> generating smoke.
> He wasn't even a middle-aged hippie.  The middle-aged hippie types are
> now
> running the city council, living in $500,000 homes and laying down nazi
> laws
> for the rest.

Yeah I miss boulder in the 70's.  "hey man, you need some weed, acid
or coke?"  You couldn't go 10 steps on Pearl street without hearing that.

Hypocrisy is the in thing now tho.  If the President can go from snorting
coke to stealing millions of barrels of oil a day, why can't everyone
else?  It's so much easier to steal than to work after all.

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike