Capitalism and economic struggles

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Fri May 2 09:10:49 PDT 2003

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 06:14  AM, Vincent Penquerc'h wrote:

> As a side note: I'd have different views on your example if
> Alice was specifically trying to get Bob out of business, and
> depending on the methods she was using to further these ends.

Arguing "intent" in business matters comes very close to being pure
"thoughtcrime."

I was a participant in Intel Corporation's famous "CRUSH" program, a
program to try to drive competitors, including AMD, out of business.

If you think businesses are not trying to drive other businesses into
bankruptcy, you need to wake up and look around. Nothing illegal about
this, nothing unconstitutional.

As with so-called "hate crimes" like burning effigies or crosses,
existing laws about vandalism, trespassing, theft, etc., are more than
enough. No additional laws about trying to drive a competitor out of
business or burning a cross to protest the Holocaust Myth are needed.

--TIm May

"We are at war with Oceania. We have always been at war with Oceania."
"We are at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eurasia."
"We are at war with Iraq. We have always been at war with Iraq.
"We are at war with France. We have always been at war with France."