Fake News for Big Brother

John Kelsey kelsey.j at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 1 08:06:47 PDT 2003

At 11:09 AM 4/30/03 +0200, Thomas Shaddack wrote:
>I suggest an "eye test". If it is theoretically possible to talk with it
>eye-to-eye[1], then the Constitution applies. If it isn't possible to talk
>with it without a proxy person - a CEO, a spokesperson, etc. - no "higher
>rights" apply.

So, if I have a right to free speech, and so do you, why would a voluntary
association we formed together not have it?  And what impact would that
have on the ability of people like you and me to actually get our ideas out
there?  What happens when some media are so expensive that they're
virtually never owned by a single person--does that mean laws can regulate
what they are and aren't allowed to say?

>A non-personal entity should be considered to voluntarily give up its
>"right" to existence by an act of knowingly lying. A death penalty - the
>entity liquidation - should swiftly follow.

So if I want to destroy Intel, all I have to do is get one provocateur into
their PR department, to issue a press release that says "The sky is green"?

--John Kelsey, kelsey.j at ix.netcom.com
PGP: FA48 3237 9AD5 30AC EEDD  BBC8 2A80 6948 4CAA F259