Making Money in Digital Money

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Thu May 1 07:05:22 PDT 2003

Why would Bob be unable to strip off all signatures, process the sound
file to whiten off any watermarking and re-sell it without authentication
signatures under another nym with it's own reputation?

What would stop Bob from turning the sound file into a plain .ogg or .mp3
with no signatures and reselling millions of copies for 1/1000th the cost,
or even for free.  Or have Bob be the front of a pool of purchasers who
couldn't pay Alice her fees on their own, so they each chip in 1/100th of
the cost?

Why would Bob's "clients" care if the cost was low enough, or just
casually traded?

Perhaps using music as a model isn't so wise.

 + ^ + :NSA got $20Bil/year |Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\
  \|/  :and didn't stop 9-11|share them, you don't hang them on your/\|/\
<--*-->:Instead of rewarding|monitor, or under your keyboard, you   \/|\/
  /|\  :their failures, we  |don't email them, or put them on a web  \|/
 + v + :should get refunds! |site, and you must change them very often.
--------_sunder_ at _sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------