Weather forecasts

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Thu May 1 04:05:11 PDT 2003

On Thursday 01 May 2003 03:37, Bill Stewart wrote:

> Yup.
> Weather forecasting in Ithaca New York was similarly simple.
> "50% chance of rain today"  (Or snow, in the winter...)

Weather in Boston is so variable that the weathermen can't even forecast
yesterday's weather.

Don't like the springtime weather in the Adirondacks? Just wait an hour.
(Barely a joke---a couple of weeks ago, we had a day hit almost 80F and
the next day had an ice storm that brought down trees and power lines;
some people were without power for four days, and this with nighttime
lows around 10F. Then the days turned warm enough that the three to six
inches of new snow and ice melted in a day or two. Sometimes I miss
Arizona...)

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel

Guns will get you through times of no duct tape better than duct tape
will get you through times of no guns. -- Ron Kuby