Low cost cruise missile

Chris Kuethe ckuethe at ualberta.ca
Sat Jun 28 19:34:43 PDT 2003

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Steve Schear wrote:

> A New Zealand home handyman's bid to construct a cruise missile in his shed
> has made global headlines, and the British media have dubbed him a threat
> to world security.
>
> http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/06/05/1054700311550.html
>
> http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/cruise.shtml

the register has a fun page about cheap UAV / drone widgets...
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/29933.html

i've been to more than one lan party / geeky caffeine klatsch
where we pondered what happens when people start making flocks
of drones carrying ... unpleasant things. wondering how big or
small of an EMP you could carry around in a drone. wondering
if you could maybe set a mostly-styrofoam drone to orbit for a
few days or weeks soaking up the sun, charging its batteries
before showing up for work somewhere. a few thousand feet up,
an albatross-sized craft would scarcely be noticeable.

CK