Is Hatch a Mormon or a crypto Satanist?

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 21 12:40:35 PDT 2003

Variola wrote...

"Surely you jest.  Anyone in any office in Utah is a Mormon.  And most of
the profs at the universities there.

Actually I was kind of joking. I was gently implying that anyone that
adhered to a religion where God is a human being on the planet Kolab can't
be super-bright. But then again, the CEO of Corvis is a Mormon and he's not
an idiot, though he is by every account a megalomaniac and rather
sociopathic.

"Good luck trying to buy a beer, BTW."

Actually on Thursday night I found a good little brewpub just a few blocks
from that Temple (and that's their world HQ, BTW). There were a couple of
others even closer, but they were hidden in a backalley like a
speakeasy...kind of amusing.

But the Mormons themselves (like SLC) are strangely banal...I was wondering
where 'Landrew' was. Also, absolutely no caffeine, either. When they told me
true Mormons would never knock back a  good cappucino I told them that was
simply too much for any good NYC boy to bare.

-TD