Senators from Utah being Southern

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Thu Jun 19 22:40:25 PDT 2003

On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 12:39  PM, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> At 12:30 PM 6/19/03 -0500, John Washburn wrote:
>> Utah is Southern?  I do not want directions from you. :-)
>
> Well, it is southern w.r.t. certain states, but yeah, y'all got me.
>
> But what I meant was, a jeebus-talking, flag-waving pinhead.

Sorry, wrong again. Hatch is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter Day Saints, LDS, aka Mormon. Not an actual Christian church.
Details available with Google. Basically, Jesus is no more a divine
figure in LDS than in Islam. In fact, LDS and Islam share a number of
things in common with regard to the role of the various prophets and
seers.

I've known a bunch of Mormons, and "jeebus-talking" is not  something
they do much of.

--Tim May

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave,
and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for
then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain