Destroying government computers

privacy.at Anonymous Remailer mixmaster at remailer.privacy.at
Thu Jun 19 07:39:14 PDT 2003

We must not wait while dangers gather. They are either with us
on computer security, or they are with the terrorists. We know
they have these weapons for mass communications destruction and
disruption and they have used them before. Preemptive actions
are insufficient. Preventive actions are a right of self-
defense. Isn't that the current world view legitimized by the US
government? We don't sit still when a would-be attacker moves
toward the cockpit, and there is no need to sit still waiting
for our BIOS to be overwritten with nulls. Taking away offensive
capabilities when potential attackers enter the concourse or
trespass upon the chattel of our computers seems only reasonable
and fully supportive of national security and public policy.
Since we can't know whether it is our friends and heroic
protectors, or terrorists, who are trying to destroy our
communications, kill all the dangerous, evil machines that
connect and let God sort them out.