[Brinworld] Car's data recorder convicts driver

Mike Rosing eresrch at eskimo.com
Wed Jun 18 06:25:52 PDT 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Adam Shostack wrote:

> I wasn't arguing, I was quipping.
>
> I find the many meanings of the word privacy to be fascinating.  So
> when someone commented that the car's tattle-box is or isn't a privacy
> invasion, I thought I'd offer up a definition under which it is.
> Its a definition that lots of people use, as John points out.
>
> Perhaps better than 'right' would be 'ability,' 'The ability to lie
> and get away with it.'
>
> Adam
>

> --
> 'No, honey, I was working late at the office.'

Reminds me of the first time I saw a guy with a "brick phone".
I'm in a bar eating a burger and drinking beer, and this guy sits
down one seat away from me, pulls out this huge cell phone, and
starts punching away.  10 seconds later he's saying "I'll be
late coming home, I have more work to do in the office".  Like she
can't here the background music!  Oh well, I was getting paid for
his air time :-)

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike