[Brinworld] Car's data recorder convicts driver

Thomas Shaddack shaddack at ns.arachne.cz
Tue Jun 17 15:48:10 PDT 2003

> Just wait 'till they integrate GPS, and GPRS or 802.11.

Transmitter is easy to find. Receiver is easy to jam with a micropower
jammer. Sometimes all you need could just be creatively tweaking the
ignition and antenna wiring to get "faulty shielding" in the right places;
it requires much more experience to make it look "accidental", though.

> Much of this can be seem in the OnStar systems, which haven't yet
> featured in divorce proceedings, afaik.

Matter of time. The next generation of sleuths will be much more tech
savvy than the current one.

> You can call up and find out where your car is.

...eg, in a nameless radio shadow.

> Adam
>
> PS: Bob Blakely once defined privacy as the right to lie and get away
> with it, which fits into some of what many people mean by privacy.

Another possible definition is the right to tell the truth and get away
with it.

But both definitions are rather about free speech than about privacy, but
then we'd get to a fight over definitions which is in this context better
to leave on the shoulders of people making encyclopedias.