[Brinworld] Car's data recorder convicts driver

A.Melon juicy at melontraffickers.com
Mon Jun 16 11:36:50 PDT 2003

> Now, I don't know how subpeoned phone or other
> electronic records are handled ---has anyone ever
> questioned Telco's or paging company recordkeeping?
> Any readers know more?

I work as a programmer at a company that writes software to handle
switch functions and bill cellular and gsm customers.  (I work in the
billing part) It is a simple matter to get access to the files that
store these records.  To my knowledge there is no direct audit trail,
though I don't know what records the switch itself keeps, if any.

The security is rather silly.  It is a simple matter to write a few
lines of code to dump the name, address, phone number, social security
number, mother's maiden name and credit card number of millions of cell
phone users.  I imagine adding or removing a call record would be
simple, as well.