Spread Spectrum Image Steganography Patent

Mike Rosing eresrch at eskimo.com
Fri Jun 13 11:17:42 PDT 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, John Young wrote:

> The US Army today announced the availability of licensing
> of its patent for "Spread Spectrum Image Steganography:"
>
>   http://cryptome.org/usa-patent.htm    (with copy of the patent)

Thanks, interesting.  I think anyone with access to the original
picture would detect something is there, but the nice thing is
that they wouldn't know how to decode the message.  It still depends
on not messing up too many bits, which is similar to "obvious"
methods, but I like the use of erf() to estimate the message.

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike