An attack on paypal --> secure UI for browsers

Morlock Elloi morlockelloi at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 19:29:55 PDT 2003

> The solution to this is Palladium (NGSCB).
>
> You'd want each ecommerce site to download a Nexus Computing Agent into
> the client.  This should be no more difficult than downloading an Active-X
> control or some other DLL.  The NCA has a manifest file associated with it

No shit? This is moronic. But then it reflects the impaired cognitive abilities
of corpdrones in mintel.

I pay for the "computer", and then all these corporations start downloading
shit to my "computer" in order to make it safe for me to use it, right ? I am
lay person and need to trust these people, as I am clueless about stuff they
download. But their web page says it's good.

This all happens *after* I buy the computer.

So, to recap, I pay several $K for the "computer" and then have to customize it
so that it becomes "safe". The computer, as malladium authenticates the
computer.

Why do I want $3,000 authentication token ?

No, mintel making money is not the right answer. Try again.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows: