Razor

Eric Murray ericm at lne.com
Sun Jun 8 20:05:50 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 06:00:51PM -0700, A.Melon wrote:
> I don't care about The Rat's postings like some of
> my anonymous associates, but someone's razor
> reporting is inaccurate.  Some spam from this list
> has been revoked at razor so it drops down below
> 30% confidence, when it shouldn't be revoked at
> all [1].  Inversely, some legitimate postings are
> getting reported to razor when they should not be
> [2].
>
> If you auto-report stuff to razor, please be
> extra-careful with this list.

By pointing out this attack you have
guaranteed that our resident cypherpunks
attackers will be reporting lots of
legit posts to razor.

I'd suggest not using razor to filter cpunks mail.

While we're talking about spam
filtering, please do not reject cpunks mail
that your filters id as spam.  Dump it
in /dev/null instead.   Sending reject messages
to mailing lists is rude.

In another bit of list administrivia, it appears
that both aol and rr are not accepting mail this weekend.
(their servers accept connections but never send HELO or EHLO).
I hear that aol's incoming mail is hosed, I
don't know what rr's problem is.

Eric