SIGINT planes vs. radioisotope mapping

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Wed Jun 4 02:31:48 PDT 2003

At 05:28 PM 6/3/03 -0700, Tim May wrote:
> Possibly for construction
>of baseline maps of existing radioisotopes in university labs,
>hospitals, and private facilities. Then deviations from baseline maps
>could be identified and inspected in more detail with ground-based vans

>and black bag ops.

Good call.  I wonder if folks getting PET scans will have to kick back
longer in the waiting areas lest they be snatched by delta teams...
hopefully the .mils can distinguish Tc99 et al from other 'topes..
similarly with mobile industrial inspection rigs --except that they have
the
good stuff a RD gadget-maker would want.  Maybe GPS + IFF beacons will
be
added to those.

---
SAFETY RULES FOR US STRATEGIC BOMBERS
 5.1. Don't use nuclear weapons to troubleshoot faults.
http://cryptome.org/afi91-111.htm