Patriot Act humor

Steve Schear schear at attbi.com
Mon Jun 2 08:15:59 PDT 2003

Attorney General John Ashcroft is visiting an elementary school.
After the typical civics presentation to the class, he announces,
"All right boys and girls, you can ask me questions now."

A young boy named Bobby raises his hand and says, I have three
questions, Mr. Ashcroft:

1. How did Bush win the election with fewer votes than Gore?

2. Why are you using the USA Patriot Act to limit Americans civil
      liberties?

3. Why hasn't the U.S. caught Osama bin Laden?

Just then, the bell sounds and all the kids run out to the playground.
Fifteen minutes later the kids return to class, and Ashcroft says,
"I'm sorry, we were interrupted by the bell. Now, who has a
question to ask me?"

A young girl named Suzy raises her hand and says: I have five
questions, Mr. Ashcroft:

1. How did Bush win the election with fewer votes than Gore?

2. Why are you using the USA Patriot Act to limit Americans civil
       liberties?

3. Why hasn't the U.S. caught Osama bin Laden?

4. Why did the bell go off 20 minutes early?

5. Where's Bobby?

"A Jobless Recovery is like a Breadless Sandwich."
-- Steve Schear