The Streisand imagecriminal lives 2-3 parcels away from me

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Sun Jun 1 19:13:28 PDT 2003

Ken Adelman, the retired gazillionaire who has gained new fame as a
photographer of the California coastline, lives a couple of parcels
from me, perhaps half a kilometer.

For a while now, I'd  wondered who owned the heliport that had
helicopters departing and arriving a few times a week (that I knew
of...could have been more). I couldn't actually see the heliport, due
to some ridges and some trees, but I could see the choppers banking
over my hilltop and disappearing behind a ridge.

Well, today I did some Googling on Ken Adelman, who I already knew was
a Corralitos resident. I had no idea where in my little community he
lived, only that he had California's largest private solar cell array
(and had gotten into yet another controversy, with PG&E, our power
monopoly, when he proposed to connect his array to the grid and be paid
for the power he _added_ to the grid, as per official law and PG&E
policy...it seems PG&E really doesn't _want_ the sheeple generating
power, though they tolerate tiny, hobbyist generators...but Adelman['s
array was an actual competitor, and would cost them money, so they
tried to nix it...another story).

In reading about the controversy over Streisand's property, I saw that
Adelman is using his own helicopter. A bell went off in my head and I
Googled to find his home address.

His address in the phone book is unlisted, but he gave his home address
in one or more of his ventures, and so up it popped in a Google search
on his name: 1365 Meadowridge Rd., the road just before mine (Allan
Lane) off of Brown's Valley Road. My address is 427 Allan Lane.
Entering these into Yahoo or Mapquest shows how close our properties
are.

Here's one such street map:

<http://www.mapquest.com/maps/
map.adp?zoom=8&mapdata=xU4YXdELrnBvmOFq2kcGOEQi7CbOldSJXG%2fHyl1%2fRq6Pe
4iyA3NaeyFOzwHt%2f59dLuXHRyy%2bIQSsOdYkttX8p5XZaw8IQC2MsQha1yRfzwQEdkcrT
BRm4kENrZ2%2fgc6RCtIF5Yq1kQSRiLgSE%2bPL3SI8WloPMbT25qbIYzAmfr76TkHJ2RAZe
809GEwt7Utfq95yhGw%2f8r6J3b%2bdl5aPdiUdFaOV62t2BuHrlX7W%2b2EFfsGA%2be0r8
px2WBRa4HFSUfzgxZyva%2bgXBlqmO2q%2fUeDYZgUuJCBKcXpXJ2LYIj3OCGwHpqJO0Q%3d
%3d>

His property is about where the first "d" in Meadowridge Rd. appears.
My property is at the end of Allan Lane.

Obviously, then, it is his helicopter I've been seeing flying over to
about that spot. (Tiny chance it's someone else's...)

BTW, I don't think this Ken Adelman, who is now 39-40, is the same Ken
Adelman who advised Reagan in the 1980s on arms control--the D.C.-based
Adelman was graying and balding at least 15 years ago, so I doubt
they're the same person. But I haven't done enough Googling, nor have I
found images of the Corralitos version, to be sure. More research is
needed.

--Tim May
"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize
Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of
conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States who are
peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." --Samuel Adams