Someone at the Pentagon read Shockwave Rider over the weekend

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Wed Jul 30 22:33:36 PDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Tim May wrote:

> Anyway, there _already_ are very real, hard to manipulate markets in
> information. We call them markets. Markets for real estate, for corn,
> for copper, etc. If a lot of residents of Jordan think a collapse is
> coming, real estate prices in Amman will fall. If a lot of
> technologists think a return to copper wiring is coming, copper prices
> will rise. And so on.

As usual, talking out of both sides of the pie hole. First sentence about
'hard to manipulate' and the next examples of how real world markets
aren't hard to manipulate at all. I'd like to see some evidence on your
example of Amman, Jordan for example.

It's easy to make smoke, much harder to collect the wood.

Life is not economics, it can't be understood in strictly economic terms.

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      ravage at ssz.com                            jchoate at open-forge.org
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org