Someone at the Pentagon read Shockwave Rider over the weekend

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Wed Jul 30 19:05:23 PDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Mac Norton wrote:

> Tim has identified the problems, including what may be the most important
> one, that the "market," unlike other such markets, is subject to gaming
> for motives that are other than economic.

Actually this is the fundamental failure of your view, Tim's, and most
other CACL sorts.

ALL markets are subject to parameters that are -not- subject to strictly
economic motives. In fact a purely 'economic motive' isn't fundamentally
about money, it's about either insecurity or power, it's about
inter-personal relationships. It's about 'using'.

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      ravage at ssz.com                            jchoate at open-forge.org
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org