Someone at the Pentagon read Shockwave Rider over the weekend

Steve Schear s.schear at comcast.net
Tue Jul 29 15:24:55 PDT 2003

At 16:20 2003-07-29 -0700, John Young wrote:
>Tim May wrote:
>
> >Yes, a bunch of "ideas futures" markets have existed for nearly a
> >decade. An acquaintance of mine, Robin Hanson, was actively promoting
> >such things in the late 80s and may have been involved in some of the
> >Extropians-type markets which arose a few years later (I recollect
> >several efforts with varying degrees of success).
>
>Yes, Robin Hanson worked on DARPA's PAM program. Here's
>his e-mail about it in May 2003:

Looks like Robin may have to concentrate on a commercial venture if he
wants to see his ideas put into practice.

steve

we do not win the terrorism battle / with
exclusion of liberties / an un-elected president / with a brand new
atrocity / make way for war time opportunists / corporate interests and
their proxies / exploitation of a tragedy / to serve their ideologies /
corporate military complex / continues to abuse the world / death weapons
for despots / sold by the red, white and blue
-- Moral Crux, Stocks and Bombs