Dead Body Theatre

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 26 16:03:45 PDT 2003

Eric Cordian wrote...

"Apply this algorithm to macroeconomic variables, during a loud propaganda
campaign promoting "productivity," and you have essentially what was done
to the US economy starting with the ascension of the Conservatives to
power in 1980."

Ah yes. Someone else remembers when all those scary Japanese and Germans
were going to eat all our jobs. So we gave up everything because they had us
so fucking terrorized. Now we have far fewer vacation hours than either one
of those countries. Coincidentally, it's around the same time that it became
fashionable to bitch about how evil the unions are. Question one of the
'sheeple' on why the unions are so bad and they'll give you little anecdotes
and incomprehensible arguments ("the unions are bad because they force
employers to pay overtime"). (And let's remember that I'm not attempting to
make a pro-union point here. I'm pointing to media and other manipulation of
the American psyche into accepting the ratwheel we're all on now.)

"The US spent the Soviet Union into bankrupcy, and rebuilt a military force
that can threaten any nation in the world, not because of Manifest
Destiny, but by working its citizens harder than any other decent nation
was willing to do.  Citizens too dumb to understand that economic control
of a population is not morally superior to control at the point of a gun."

Damn straight. "Too dumb"...I might agree with that but I think there's a
lot more to it. Too terrorized, too successfully propagandized, too willing
to live vicariously through the ostenisbly functional relationships on TV,
and don't forget just too damned tired to give a crap about anything but
trying to get a decent night's sleep when possible, and make it safely to
the grave without becomming homeless in the process...

-TD