Dead Body Theatre

Steve Schear s.schear at comcast.net
Fri Jul 25 18:33:11 PDT 2003

At 16:33 2003-07-25 -0700, you wrote:
>     --
>On 24 Jul 2003 at 9:16, Eric Cordian wrote:
> > Now that the new standard for pre-emptive war is to murder
> > the legitimate leader of another sovereign nation and his
> > entire family, an "artist's rendering" of Shrub reaping what
> > he sows would surely be an excellent political statement.
>
>You are a moron.
>
>If today warfare means wiping out the family of the enemy ruler
>man woman and child and showing their horribly mangled bodies
>on TV, this is a big improvement on the old deal where the
>rulers had a gentlemen's agreement that only the common folk
>would get hurt, and the defeated ruler would get a luxurious
>retirment on some faraway island.

Here, here!  This change, if widely adopted, would go a long way toward
reducing war casualties.  Perhaps we may even become as smart as some
Pacific Islanders whose wars were fought by surrogates, the logic being
that the death of one man can serve as well as the death of many in
determining the outcome of a disagreement between heads of tribes, states,
etc.

It could also reduce the risk of conflict since the heads of state would
become the first and legit targets by the opposition.   Perhaps the world
may owe Dubbya and his ilk an unintentional debt of thanks.  Beside better
him then me. ;-)

steve

"War is just a racket ... something that is not what it seems to the
majority of people. Only a small group knows what its about. It is
conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the
masses."  --- Major General Smedley Butler, 1933