R.I.P. (was: Re: A 'Funky A.T.M.' Lets You Pay for Purchases Made Online)

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Fri Jul 25 15:52:30 PDT 2003

On Friday 25 July 2003 11:40, Steve Schear wrote:
> ... Now that many are un-
> or under-employed there still doesn't seem to be any activity by
> those active on this list in this critical infrastructure area.

In some sense, we have enough code.  Code exists that can be deployed.  It
may have to go thru the same evolutionary stages the P2P software is going
thru (Napster to Kazza to ???) as security problems become serious, but it
is deployed now.

What we don't have is:

* Patent licenses
* Easy to use code
* Users

Techies can work on the ease of use issue, but patent licenses take time
and/or money, and users take marketing and sales.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz           | "A Jobless Recovery is | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506         | like a Breadless Sand- | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at pwpconsult.com | wich." -- Steve Schear | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA