A 'Funky A.T.M.' Lets You Pay for Purchases Made Online

Justin justin at soze.net
Thu Jul 24 17:11:10 PDT 2003

Tim May (2003-07-24 19:50Z) wrote:

> We should also fight the use of sloppy language in the press when
> mundane electronic funds transfer systems are called "digital cash."

Is there anything to fight?

The only instance of "digital cash" on google news (there's one
reference to "digital cash registers", which I'm not counting) is an
article about proffr's "x needs killing" comments.  The article doesn't
abuse the term "digital cash", though it does abuse the term "listserv".

The term doesn't appear in print often enough to matter, IMO.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=%22digital+cash%22&btnG=Search+News
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~1497971,00.html

--
Freedom's untidy, and free people are free to make mistakes and commit
crimes and do bad things.  They're also free to live their lives and do