Jerk with a t-shirt

Thomas Shaddack shaddack at ns.arachne.cz
Thu Jul 24 09:21:04 PDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Steve Furlong wrote:
> I guess it _could_ have been a spontaneous rising of a populace fed up
> with jack-booted thug harrassment of dissenting opinion. But the more I
> hear about it, the more this sounds like a planned operation.

In the age of cellphones and email, fast ad-hoc organizations of many
people aren't as difficult as they used to be. I believe a good book about
this could be Howard Rheingold: Smart Mobs.

Especially in the case of already pre-stirred subpopulation, in this case
the anti-war part, fast crowding could be initiated by a relatively small
cause.