A 'Funky A.T.M.' Lets You Pay for Purchases Made Online

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Wed Jul 23 08:42:06 PDT 2003

You do have somewhat of a point, but consider this.  Real cash is
anonymous.  If you want to do electronic payments that are non-anonymous
you can simply use a credit card or debit card (or something like paypal,
egold), or for larger quanitities you can do wire transfers - so why would
we need yet another a non-anonymous "cash" that isn't cash?

Just because it's cool and we can call it electronic cash?  What's the
point?  Why would you bother building it?  Why would anyone bother using
it?

Confusing the authorities is a dumb thing to consider as a reason.  They
will smarten up pretty quickly if they think you're doing something
illegal, and it won't make any difference what cool technical toys you
have used.

 + ^ + :25Kliters anthrax, 38K liters botulinum toxin, 500 tons of   /|\
  \|/  :sarin, mustard and VX gas, mobile bio-weapons labs, nukular /\|/\
<--*-->:weapons.. Reasons for war on Iraq - GWB 2003-01-28 speech.  \/|\/
  /|\  :Found to date: 0.  Cost of war: $800,000,000,000 USD.        \|/
 + v + :           The look on Sadam's face - priceless!
--------_sunder_ at _sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------