A 'Funky A.T.M.' Lets You Pay for Purchases Made Online

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Tue Jul 22 07:25:59 PDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Steve Furlong wrote:

> On Monday 21 July 2003 01:12, R. A. Hettinga wrote:
> > <http://nytimes.com/2003/07/21/technology/21PATE.html?pagewanted=prin
> >t&position=>
> >
> > A 'Funky A.T.M.' Lets You Pay for Purchases Made Online
>
> I worked on a commercial digital money system a few years ago. One of
> their business models was almost identical to Amos': stick cash in a
> kiosk to get electronic money. It'd be interesting to see how that
> system plays with Amos' patent.

It's not going to be anonymous at all.  Remember, ATM's are always
protected by cameras.  If the digicash isn't anonymous, it's worthless.

> (I won't be able to observe directly,
> as I was fired from that company because I'm an incompetent slacker
> (boss's view) or because the boss was a jack-booted jackass (my view).)

Shit happens.  Just be happy you're not working at IBM.  It was leaked
that they're outsourcing to India, etc...

  see: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10613

 + ^ + :25Kliters anthrax, 38K liters botulinum toxin, 500 tons of   /|\
  \|/  :sarin, mustard and VX gas, mobile bio-weapons labs, nukular /\|/\
<--*-->:weapons.. Reasons for war on Iraq - GWB 2003-01-28 speech.  \/|\/
  /|\  :Found to date: 0.  Cost of war: $800,000,000,000 USD.        \|/
 + v + :           The look on Sadam's face - priceless!
--------_sunder_ at _sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------