Optical Tempest? I have my doubts...

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 17 12:15:28 PDT 2003

I dunno...I'm thinking that optical tempest is probably bullshit 99% of the
time, but what do I know? My Optical specialities are ultrafast and optical
networking.

But I still don't believe that specular reflection of smallish type from a
monitor will have anything that is recoverable. Of course, this is going to
be dependent on the quality of the wall material, but for most not-so-even
plaster/drywall painted surfaces, I just can't believe the appopriate
spacial frequencies of the image are not scattered after that kind of
reflection.

The conspiracy theorist is telling me there's some reason they floated the
optical tempest story, though I can't quite figure out what that reason
is...

-TD