Sealing wax & eKeyboard

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Thu Jul 17 07:01:50 PDT 2003

> ----------

Lets not forget optical TEMPEST - remember a few months ago,
when it was demonstrated that the image on a CRT could
be reconstructed just from the light it reflected on walls? The
point where the electron beam is hitting the phosphors is
much brighter than the rest of the screen, and by syncing a
fast photodetector to monitor scan rates, you can reconstruct
the image on a screen in a distant room just by viewing the
backwash light through a telescope.

Peter