idea: brinworld meets the credit card

Adam Lydick adam.lydick at verizon.net
Fri Jul 11 15:59:58 PDT 2003

You might find "facecerts" interesting.

http://www.computer.org/proceedings/dcc/1896/18960435.pdf

This is more for face-to-face checking, however.

For your remote scenario some sort of one-way hash to verify the image
might be intersting. It would have to allow for fuzzy matching after
hashing (for obvious reasons). I think this just raises the bar a tiny
bit though, as an attacker could stalk their victim before stealing
their card to get an idea about what appearance to forge. (or capture
webcam traffic before lifting the card / identity info)

Cheers,

Adam Lydick