Idea: The ultimate CD/DVD auditing tool

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 9 11:35:16 PDT 2003

"Actually I thought humans are insensitive to phase relations, modulo
inter-aural timing at low frequencies for spatial location.  Perhaps
that is what you meant?   But spatial location isn't the same as the
frequency-fetishing audiophiles go for."

Au contrare...frequency accuracy vs spatial resolution is the classic
Uncertainty principal in high end.

A real high-end system present the ear with a truly 3-D soundscape...some
instruments are clearly in the foreground, some are clearly in the
background, and some are even higher than others. With a good recording, the
hall ambience is also there. Put a great live recording on a great high-end
sound system and "you are there".

-TD