Idea: The ultimate CD/DVD auditing tool (meow)

Mike Rosing eresrch at eskimo.com
Wed Jul 9 14:32:53 PDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> Yes this is for localization ---clicks are broadband, you need to
> identify which freq components are used.  I still think
> humans can't discriminate the phase of a tone.  In fact, MP3s
> use this to cut bits.

They can tell relative phase, but it takes a lot of training.

> After the experiments, the cats
> will be ok, as I assume they're sufficiently
> plastic, unless you do brain staining on them.  :-(    Or your policy is
> the
> Tim McVeigh treatment.

both.  They spend a year training the cats, then a year or 2 collecting
data, then brain stain, then vaporize.  Each cat is worth about $1M when
it's all done, and it's got a lot of skull missing while it's alive.
But it's well protected with a lot of aluminum and epoxy :-)

> Cool stuff, though my domestic feline wants to know where you live.
>
> PS: have you identified the "can opener sound" brain-center yet?

I think you better keep it far away!  And no, they don't play with
higher order systems.  The low level stuff is hard enough!!

> Cats manage biometrics and reputation better than most human systems..

:-)

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike