Idea: The ultimate CD/DVD auditing tool

Mike Rosing eresrch at eskimo.com
Wed Jul 9 11:45:43 PDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> Do cats buy a lot of audiophile equiptment :8=||

Nope.  That's why I have a job (for another couple of months anyway,
till the grant runs out.)

> Actually I thought humans are insensitive to phase relations, modulo
> inter-aural timing at low frequencies for spatial location.  Perhaps
> that
> is what you meant?   But spatial location isn't the same as the
> frequency-fetishing
> audiophiles go for.  To do that well you need casts of the outer ear
> too.

No, if you put 2 clicks out that are 10 usec's apart on right and
left, most people can pick out which side came first.  90% of the
time anyway.

> You doing owl-type studies on auditory localization?  Audio-visual
> mapping
> and plasticity?   Making the cats wear funky glasses?

Yup.  they sew coils into their eyes.  For humans they use contacts :-)
PETA is definitly a problem :-)

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike