[CI] Re: Finding collision resistant hash functions

Sarad AV jtrjtrjtr2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 02:59:59 PDT 2003

hi,

>There's nothing gained by
> increasing
> the input entropy (compressing

http://www.itl.nist.gov/fipspubs/fip180-1.htm
For t = 0 to 79 do
TEMP = (A)<<5 + f(B,C,D) + E + Wt + Kt;
E = D; D = C; C = B<<30; B = A; A = TEMP;

Thats what I meant by the compression function. I am
not trying to increase the input entropy.

I was looking for such a compression function such
that the chances of collision in the message digest
obtained by hashing these 2^80 messages is collision
free or very low probability of collision or in other
words I dont want the birthday attack to work on it.

If i hash 2^80 messages they should be equidistibuted
in such a manner that it does not affect the security
of the algorithm.

--- "Major Variola (ret)" <mv at cdc.gov> wrote:
> At 11:18 PM 7/7/03 -0700, Sarad AV wrote:
>A block cipher has the property that any
> one bit difference in input will change half the
> output
> bits on average.

thank you.

Sarath.