Idea: The ultimate CD/DVD auditing tool

Morlock Elloi morlockelloi at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 12:18:24 PDT 2003

> There's a good reason why, viz: it would cost the drive developer to allow
> or export this flexibility.  Since very few customers are sick enough

This will go the same way as radio. First, you have hundreds of separate boxes,
each doing some custom modulation/frequency gig (am, fm, shortwave, TV, cell,
spread spectrum, whatever) and you had to have a separate apparatus for each
instance.

With software radio, you just have one box that can do it all (and it made all
protection-by-custom-modulation obsolete ... I've seen it playing "protected"
HDTV signals.)

So it's easy to imagine universal "software" disc player/recorder that let's
one do any modulation technique. Not that it would provide protection, because
the same tools will be available to attackers, but at least the crypto may
become more fun, going back to physical domain.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows: