SF meet: future of feta, port, sherry, gorgonzola at stake

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Thu Jul 3 00:15:42 PDT 2003

Great.  First they take the Champagne, now they want the port and sherry,
and feta cheese.
Next it'll be the Chianti, and they'll find something wrong with fava beans
as well.

Worse than that, they'll make Americans stop eating Hamburgers,
and the vast right wing conspiracy already banned French fries.

(I'm actually rather surprised by feta cheese being on the list -
my local Iranian grocery regularly has feta from France,
Greece, Bulgaria, and one or two other places.)