Life Sentence for Medical Marijuana?

Mike Rosing eresrch at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 31 20:22:24 PST 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Michael Cardenas wrote:

> I think this is what you call "taxation without representation"
>
> Note also, that the judge in the case was the brother of the supreme
> court judge who bush appointed who's totally opposed to these sates
> right cases.
>
> Great how bush's daughter, the cocaine addict, isn't in jail, but this
> man, who was deputized by the city of oakland to grow this marijuana,
> is going to be in jail for 20 years. Bush himself was arrested for
> DUI, I wish he was rotting in jail instead of ed.
>
> disgusting.

It's round one of the end of prohibition.  This will be overturned on
appeal eventually, and the feds will move as slowly as possible.  It's
pretty amazing Ed got away with it for so long.  I think it's proof the
feds see the end coming and are getting hopelessly desparate.

It's interesting that Canadian courts are forcing ganja legalization, and
Canadian business is using NAFTA to force the DEA into allowing hemp
products.  The US is becoming more isolated, but now it's because everyone
else is ignoring their stupidity, not because the US is ignoring everyone
else.

The libertarians are going to have a field day with this one :-)

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike