Who feigned Roger Rabbit?

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Thu Jan 30 00:41:17 PST 2003

At 12:04 AM -0800 1/30/03, Tim May wrote:
>Sometime I take a bus when my car needs to be repaired. From my house
>to Santa Cruz, a total of 13 miles, it takes a minimum of 80 minutes by
>bus. For a working person, ... as soon as
>they can raise the money, they buy cars. Then that 80-minute each way
>trip drops to 20 minutes. And they can go when they wish, not when the
>bus schedule permits.

I have had one case where taking the train was a big win over driving.  I
was consulting in San Francisco, about 60 miles from my home.  I found that
if I rode the train, I could work as I rode, and turn my travel time into
billable hours. I also avoided the ruinous parking charges in downtown.
Given those facts, I would have taken the train even if the ticket price
hadn't been subsidized.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz           | Due process for all    | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506         | used to be the Ameican | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at pwpconsult.com | way.                   | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA