the news from bush's speech

Michael Cardenas mbc at debian.org
Wed Jan 29 11:03:08 PST 2003

How about this news?

Last night in the State of the Union address, Bush repeated the lie
that Iraq is creating nuclear weapons, stating the evidence of the
aluminum tubes purchased, which he claimed were used to enrich
uranium.

These remarks were made despite the fact, discussed here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57632-2003Jan28.html

that the International Atomic Energy Agency's report on Monday stated
clearly that the tubes "cannot be used directly for [uranium]
enrichment."

So, Bush is either illiterate or just flat out lying, once again.

--
michael cardenas       | lead software engineer, lindows.com
hyperpoem.net          | GNU/Linux software developer

Listening to: KPFA-FM - Berkeley, CA

"Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow."
- Oscar Wilde

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]