Secure voice app: FEATURE REQUEST: RECORD IPs

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Mon Jan 27 08:23:15 PST 2003

>I am elated that the development of Speak Freely is continuing. I think
it

The versions of all the secure phones I've evaluated needed this
feature:
a minimal answering machine.  With just the ability to record IPs of
hosts that
tried to call.

(A local table can map these to your friends or their faces.
Of course, this table should be encrypted when not in use.)

Heck, you could even have an option to send email --or I suppose use
that
instant-messaging stuff that teenagers are fond of-- from the secure IP
phone
to you, when that phone rings but is not answered.