thumdrive integrity --Deniable Thumbdrive?

Thomas Shaddack shaddack at ns.arachne.cz
Fri Jan 24 14:16:34 PST 2003

> One of these days, I might build a little device that stores a private key
> and does on-board encryption using a microcontroller. I would do it just for
> fun, since it is pretty useless if the infrastructure to support it is not out
> there.

Check http://developer.axis.com/products/mcm/ - this looks like a good
chip. Together with embedded Linux it could be pretty useful for this
purpose, could shorten the development time considerably. For $249 they
offer a readymade developer board.

Has built-in Ethernet and serial ports, and with a chip like FT8U232AM it
could work with USB as well.