Deniable Thumbdrive?

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 24 08:40:42 PST 2003

Peter Trei wrote...

"What's you're threat model? If it's your wife or kid sister, this
might work. If it's a major corporation or a government, forget
it - they'll bitcopy the whole flash rom, and look at it with ease."

At this point, most of my threat models are on this level or the next one
higher--local cops or dumb goons grab a protestor or whatever and try to
shake his photos and whatever digital else out of him..."OK punk, you're not
calling a lawyer until you show me what's on this thing"..."Don't tell me
nothing's in there I see a login prompt, ya' commie faggot...open it up."

This could of course be done without the thumbprint (probably better), but I
think that only when you get -really- dangerous do you have to worry about
highly technical people who are informed of the latest info gadgets, and who
would even know there are multiple private areas.

As for the thumbprint, I'm wondering if other parts of the body could be
used (then even very savvy rubberhosers couldn't just make you try every
finger). I'll try using my, um, nose tonight.

-TD