Matt Blaze Does Master Keys

Meyer Wolfsheim wolf at priori.net
Thu Jan 23 09:36:25 PST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Eric Cordian wrote:

> Nonetheless, it's an interesting story.
>
> I should note that the high security building I live regards master keying
> doors as a bad thing to do, and they have a key board and a signout
> sheet in the main office.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/23/business/23LOCK.html  l/p=cpunx/cpunx

I have to think that Matt is being satirical here. This is hardly news, as
any locksmith can tell you.

(This is one of the reasons that some lock companies restrict the sale of
key blanks, and others (such as Medeco or ASSA) require keys be made by
the original supplier, using unique key blanks.)

-MW-