The Plague

André Isidoro Fernandes Esteves aife at netvisao.pt
Wed Jan 15 19:18:18 PST 2003

On Thursday, 16 de January de 2003 02:20, Tyler Durden wrote:
> Actually, this may turn out to be more an academic issue than anything.
>
> If someone wanted bubonic or pnuemonic samples, all he'd have to do is just
> grab someone from the western hospitals that contract it each year.
>
> Contrary to popular belief, it still exists, but we have effective
> treatments against it. (Although when I was in China, there were cities in
> southern Xinjiang that had a bad bubonic problem and had to be shut from
> the outside world. Much worse was the HepA epidemic that hit Shanghai at
> the time...stores and schools were oncverted into Hep wards, and you could
> go there provided you brought your own bed.)
>
> -TD

And all westerns have some level of aquired imunity, for we are the
descendents of the plague survivors. (Actualy, in the dark ages, it wasn't
only one plague.. it was several plagues (mutants and new pathogens) that
spread wavelike through europe... the populations died mainly because of
sistematically reduced imunity)

Greetings

aife