Brinworld: Samsung SCH-V310 camcorder phone

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Tue Jan 14 14:24:44 PST 2003

>>... and they lie about it being 3G (which doesn't exist yet.)
>
>It's a CDMA2000 phone which is 3G.
>
>3G networks exist in many parts of the world, although behind schedule in
>other parts.

The whole "Cell Phones - The Next Generation" thing
has been a pure marketing scam from the beginning.
It's a popular well-funded scam that got lots of mindshare
because it promised lots of people marketshare dominance
or other political advantages, that they haven't executed well.

But it makes a bunch of assumptions that the world can,
will, and should have the same cellphone standard everywhere,
and that the marketing people coming up with the term
know what it is because they work for the people who are