Penn Jillette on Airport Security

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Sun Jan 5 23:46:00 PST 2003

------ Forwarded Message
From: Meng Weng Wong <mengwong at dumbo.pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 00:10:52 -0500
To: Dave Farber <dave at farber.net>
Subject: a different take on airport security

http://pennandteller.com/sincity/penniphile/federalvip.html

   I insisted on his name and badge number.  I filled it out with my
   name.  The supervisor, I think trying to intimidate me, asked for my
   license, and I gave it to him happily as he wrote down information.
   I kept saying, "Please get the police," and they kept saying, "You're
   free to go, we don't need the police."  I insisted and they got a
   higher up, female, supervisor.  I was polite, cold, and a little
   funny.  "Anyone is welcome to grab my crotch, I don't require dinner
   and a movie, just ask me.  Is that asking too much?  You wanna grab my
   crotch, please ask.

------ End of Forwarded Message

He goes on quite a bit from there - basically, making it clear that
what the Fed has done is assault and asking to call a cop;
the Feds say "We don't need a cop, you're free to go",
Penn insists they get the cop, they get the cop, the cop is a
Penn&Teller fan and doesn't like these Fed rent-a-cops,
and much discussion ensues over a period of several days.