FC: Will this column land me in federal prison under the DMCA?

Steve Schear schear at attbi.com
Thu Jan 2 18:23:05 PST 2003

At 10:52 AM 1/2/2003 -0800, Declan McCullagh wrote:

>http://news.com.com/2010-1028-978636.html
>
>    Perspective: Will this land me in jail?
>    By Declan McCullagh
>    December 23, 2002, 4:00 AM PT
>
>    WASHINGTON--It's not every day that I fret about committing a string
>    of federal felonies that could land me in prison until sometime in
>    2008.

It seems that in the interest of having a cute story to write you've
boxedourself in the corner so you needn't provide anything really useful to
your readers.  Why didn't you just anonymously post the passwords in
alt.anonymous or send it to John Young and tell your readers a little
birdie told me?  Sheesh!

steve