Dossiers and Customer Courtesy Cards

Mike Rosing eresrch at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 2 06:27:23 PST 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Todd Boyle wrote:

> Its not enough to put the chips next to the beer.  They want
> to examining the layout of all their shelf space.
> The cash register data alone, is enough to do this, but
> it doesn't work very well for shoppers who come and
> buy chips on tuesday and beer on wednesday.  The
> card lets them associate your whole shopping cart
> for the month.

It's a nice idea, but they have several people on one card.
When my kids are teenagers, they'll have the same card I
and my wife have.  So they have whole families in that data
mix.  I'd think they would try to correlate the cash register
data with each person - the kids are in the candy corner,
the dad is getting the beer and mom is getting the chips.
Doesn't seem like a very simple problem to me!

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike